Gospel is seed. God wants us to scatter the Gospel seed over the lives around us. As the main objective of the sower is to get the seed to the ground, the main purpose of the church is to reach the multitude with the Gospel. Let us learn some of the principles of evangelism from the parable of the Growing Seed as we read in Mark 4:26-29. Here is the sermon outline. Read the rest of this entry »
Luke 5:1-11 Learning from the life of Jesus as He was performing an evangelical ministry where 4 fishermen made a decision to follow Christ. We learned the following truths about Evangelical Ministry:
1. Make use of the available resource
2. Stop speaking & Start doing
3. Just fishermen, but skillful in fishing
4. Launch out into the deep - Need to go where fish are
5. We tried, it didn't work
6. Partnering in kingdom
Listen to the sermon and know why preaching the Gospel must be the number one priority.
Luke 3:1-22 John the Baptist was not just a Prophet, not just a Baptist, but an Evangelist too. We answered the following questions from the life and from the ministry of John.
1. Who was John the Baptist?
2. What was the message John preached?
3. How can we escape the coming wrath of God? Read the rest of this entry »
Philip was one of the first century evangelists of the early church. God miraculously used Philip to bring revival in Samaria. After ministering to the Ethiopian Eunuch, Philip was supernaturally teleported to a place called Azotus.
Careful observation of Philip's ministry teaches us the following:
1. Be filled with the Holy Spirit
2. Play whatever role God is asking you to do, so that the work of God will be done Read the rest of this entry »
John 4:1-42 - This was the exact Gospel Message shared by the Samaritan woman: "Come, see a Man who told me all things that I ever did. Could this be the Christ?"
3Es - Encounter - Excitement - Evangelism
- The woman had an Encounter with Lord Jesus
- Then she was so Excited about that encounter
- Finally she involved herself in Evangelism
Listen to the sermon to learn more about how our encounter and excitement must invite others to Christ.
The urgency of sharing the Gospel - lessons learned from 2 Kings 7, the leprous missionaries.
- Starvation: (Starving for food)
- Selfishness: (Found food, ate and became selfish)
- Realization: (Realized their mistakes)
- Sharing: (Rushed to share with others)
Listen to the sermon and get activated in the area of Evangelism in your life.
Mark 5:1-20 Here is an amazing conversation between the one who got just delivered and the deliverer. The one who is delivered expresses his desire to be with Jesus, and the deliverer outwardly denied his request.
My questions are,
Question 1: Was there anything wrong in asking to be with Jesus?
Question 2:Why did Jesus reject his appeal?
Read the rest of this entry »
John 7:38-39 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified. I am visualizing three different water bodies.
1. Dried River Bed: (a river that is dried)
2. Stagnant water
3. River that flows Read the rest of this entry »