December 3, 2019
Praise is powerful. When we understand the Hebrew root of the term "praise", we know how important the expression, appropriate action and the attitude of our hears are while praising God. Here are the first five Hebrew words out of the total ten words that represent praise.
1. Halal - celebrating the victory
2. Yadah - extending hands in praise and surrender Read the rest of this entry »
December 2, 2019
Remember, worship is about making oneself low; humbling oneself before another. But praise is about giving glory or lifting the object of praise, who is our God.
Overview of the sermon:
1. Importance of Praise & Worship
2. Differences between Praise & Worship
3. What is Praise and how do we praise God?
4. What is Worship and how do we worship God?
Then we saw the definition and expression of worship in its root languages of Hebrew is "Shachah" & Greek is "Proskyneō".
November 22, 2019
Psalm 45 If a church doesn't evangelize, it fails in its mission. However, if a church fails to prepare herself as a bride, it won't even make it to heaven.
The entire psalm is divided into two main sections and further the subsections.
V 2-9 : Royal Bridegroom, who is Christ Jesus.
- V2 The Excellency of Christ
- V3-5 The Glory of His Victories Read the rest of this entry »
November 22, 2019
What causes suffering? - Why there is suffering?
1. We live in a fallen world
2. Because of our own foolishness
3. Because it is God’s discipline
4. We suffer persecution because of our faith Read the rest of this entry »
November 8, 2019
1 John 4:7–21
God is too big and magnificent or brilliant for us to see Him, but at the same time, He can be seen inside of us as He abides or takes residence or lives when we love one another.
The above scripture portion is divided into four sections as below.
V 7-11 Knowing God Through Love
V 12-16 Seeing God Through Love Read the rest of this entry »
November 2, 2019
Paul's prayer for the church in Philippi. (Philippians 1:9–11)
1. Love needs to grow in knowledge and discernment
2. You will be able to discern and choose what is best
3. Live pure and blameless lives until the day of Christ’s return
4. Be filled with the fruits of righteousness
October 27, 2019
In Isaiah 40:1-5, there is a parallel between the 1st and the 2nd coming of the Lord. What is the preparation that needs to happen at the church and in the world, so that Jesus can come back to the world?
• Every valley shall be exalted
• Every mountain and hill brought low
• The crooked places shall be made straight
• And the rough places smooth
Listen to the sermon to prepare yourself for the second coming of the Lord.
October 27, 2019
1. Moses disobeyed a direct command from God - God asked to speak to the rock, Moses struck the rock
2. Moses took credit for bringing water from the rock - Numbers 20:10- Must we bring water for you out of this rock?
3. Moses committed a public sin in front of all people that couldn't go unpunished
4. Moses struck the water giving rock - Christ.
- Christ was once crucified, but Moses instead of speaking (praying ) to the rock, with anger, he struck the rock. Crucifying Christ over and over again
October 20, 2019
We need to get encouraged in order to encourage others. How can we get encouraged?
1. Talk to yourself
2. Allow God to speak to you
3. Allow others to speak into your life Read the rest of this entry »
October 8, 2019
We are living in a changing world, but our God is an unchanging God. As everything around us changes, God expects certain changes in our lives too. Change is essential for couple of reasons.
1. Change is essential for God's plan to come true in our lives
2. Change is essential for God's promises to be fulfilled in our lives
3. Change is essential in us for the next generation to follow God.
Listen to the sermon to know more about what change God expects in you and why.