Luke 5:33-39 (Parable of New and Old) Jesus said, no one puts a patch of new cloth on a old cloth. If someone does that the new makes a tear on the old one and the new patch doesn't match the old one. No one puts new wine into an old wineskin. If someone does that, the new wine will burst the old wine skin, the wine will spill and the wineskin will be ruined.
At the end of the sermon we were challenged to take action:
1. Impossibility of old and new existing together
• What is that old thing that must go away from you so that God can do something new?
2. Incompatibility of the new with the old
• What is that one thing of the past having a hold on you and is not allowing you to move ahead to receive the new blessings from God?
3. Inability to accept anything different.
• What is that one tradition that you have to change to inspire your children to follow God?
Please listen to the sermon to know more about what God is willing to do for you.