The term Church was first introduced in the Bible by our Lord Jesus Christ in Matthew 16:18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
Paul writes six significant truths about church and Christ relationship in Ephesians Chapter 5:
- Verse 23: Christ is the head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body, His church
- Verse 24: Church is subject to Christ
- Verse 25: Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her
- Verse 26: He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word
- Verse 27: He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle
- Verse 29: but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church
Listen to the sermon to know more.