Mothers influence their children in their presence, they influence them in their absence and continue to influence them in their eternity. Mother's influence and bring forth good human beings they eventually transform into eternal beings of heaven.
The objective of this sermon is to highlight the roles & responsibilities of a mother in raising a leader that was perfectly played by Jochebed, the mother of Moses.
Role of a Mother: God is in the business of raising leaders. He gives them in the hands of trustworthy women and ask them to care for them until they are capable of doing what God wants them to do. Read the rest of this entry »
David was a great king.
• Before he was a king, he was a soldier. He was a faithful soldier, He did what Saul had asked him to do
• Before he was a soldier, he was an armor bearer for Saul. He just carried the sword.
• Before he was an armor bearer, he was a song writer and musician. When Saul was depressed, David sang and played his instrument.
• Before he was a song writer, he was a shepherd, doing his family business.
• Before he was a shepherd, he was a son, learnt to be obedient, hardworking, learned all the required skills and prepared for the future. Read the rest of this entry »
Deborah was the only woman judge who judged Israel. We learn couple of leadership qualities from the life of this great woman by name Deborah.
1. Leaders are just instruments in the hands of God, what matters is God's power
2. Leaders exhibit God's tender care for His people
3. Deborah's life is a role model of Godly Faith, Wisdom, Boldness and Worship
4.Women are called, your calling comes through your involvement
We are here today to learn some of the leadership qualities of this great prophet of all prophets called Elijah.
- Elijah was a great leader who appeared on the political and religious scenes to challenge the apostasy (falling apart or renunciation of faith) of his time.
- He challenged the cult leaders like King Ahab and Jezebel and confronted them and their cult religion of Baal worship.
- He challenged the people of Israel saying How long will you falter between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow Him; but if Baal, follow him.”
- He had no family, no friends, no one to stand with him, He was totally depending on God for everything Read the rest of this entry »
Daniel speaks - I have seen kingdoms raise and kingdoms fall, I want to tell you that through it all there is one constant thing that we can't deny is that the God in heaven who rules in the kingdom of men and He is in charge.
Daniel is trying to teach us "Kingdom of this world is passing away, kingdom of heaven is coming to pass, one thing I know is the most high ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will". Read the rest of this entry »
Great leaders don't just build walls, they drive people to God once the wall is built.
Three leadership qualities we learn from the life of Nehemiah.
1. Leaders take initiative, its always " I "
2. Leaders handle opposition
3. Leaders drive towards spiritual
Listen to the sermon to know how they are relevant to you in today's context.
Joshua's leadership tells us that:
- Leadership development takes time.
- Leaders ought to be strong and courageous
- Leaders must stand on God's Word and in Prayer
Listen to the sermon to learn from Joshua, the courageous leader.
We learnt the from the leadership of Noah that:
1. You are never too old to build
2. You don't need to rely on your past experience
3. Make sure your vision is big enough to include everyone
4. God doesn't make ark, we have to make it
Listen to this interesting sermon to know more about the leadership attributes of Noah.
We learnt from Moses
- To be zealous and passionate about what we do
- To depend on God in every step of our life
- To have the burden for people as it is a leadership quality
- Some how obtain the favor of God by pleasing Him as Moses did according to Hebrews 11:24 - 26
Quote: Intercession is not a characteristic of a prayer warrior, intercession is a characteristic of a leader. If God is burdening you to intercede, you are not just called to pray, but you are called to lead. (Life of Moses - Exodus 32:32)