The uniqueness of Christ is not the miracles He performed or still performs, the uniqueness of Christ is the atonement that He made for our sins by paying the penalty of our sins and making us stand before God justified. Read the rest of this entry »
What must be the response of the church in a crisis such as COVID-19? Concerning a child of God, there are seven different beings involved in or affected by any crisis. Who are they? God, Authorities, Believers, Community, Family, Self and rest of the World. What must be our response to each of them?
1. Response to God - We must humble, pray, seek God and turn away from our wickedness.
2. Response to Authorities - We must obey, support, and reflect what they communicate Read the rest of this entry »
Purpose of Jesus coming to the world - Luke 19:10 for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.
- Church has to extent into the community
- Church must be a living and growing organism
- Church grows not by transferring people, church grows when non-believers become believers
- Non-believers are outside the four walls Read the rest of this entry »
Church’s Social Responsibility: Two Extreme Christians
1. Christians who try to change the legal, political, economic systems to conform to the Biblical standards
2. Christians who isolate themselves from the social issues taking Jesus at His word "My kingdom is not of this world" Let us look at Jesus - Jesus never tried to bring any political or economical changes. At the same time He was not ignoring the social issues. Read the rest of this entry »
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. 24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything. Read the rest of this entry »
Some of the characteristics of the early church were:
- Bold in their telling
- Devoted in prayer They had a devoted prayer life
- They were of one heart and mind
- They were filled with the Spirit
- They met frequently
- It was a learning Church; it persisted in listening to the apostles as they taught
- It was a Church of fellowship; it had the great quality of togetherness Read the rest of this entry »
In this sermon the three reasons for the early church to be a learning church were discussed:
- They had a teacher who was not teaching from their knowledge, but teaching from what they experienced in their walk with the Lord Jesus Christ
- The believers repented, were baptized and anointed. An unbeliever cannot learn God's Word, that doesn't mean anything to him
- They just started believing in the resurrection of Lord Jesus Christ
Early church was a united church (breaking of bread & prayer, one mind and one accord).
One who decides to lose things and even his life for the sake of Christ will no way harm the unity of the church.
This is what is needed in churches today:
No leadership seminars
No settlements & peace talks
No committees for compromise & reconciliation
No transfer of pastors
No division among churches Read the rest of this entry »
- God used Noah to destroy the world with flood.
- God used Moses to part the red sea
- God used Joshua to make the sun stand still in the midst of heaven
- God used Jonah to save Nineveh from the destruction
- God used Elijah to destroy the prophets of Baal
- God used Jesus to heal the sick and to deliver the oppressed
- God used Peter and John to heal the lame
- God used Peter's shadow to heal the sick
- God used Paul's handkerchief and aprons to heal the sick and deliver the demon possessed Read the rest of this entry »