God is calling the church to shepherd the flock. The kind of shepherd God is looking for is according to John Ch.10 where Jesus portrayed himself as the true Shepherd, the Good Shepherd and the Shepherd who knows His sheep. We learned the following truths about shepherd from John 10. Read the rest of this entry »
Ecclesiastes 3:1 To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven: Here are the 4 truths about "Living Through the Seasons"
1. No matter what season you are in, its not going to last for ever
2. Prepare for the next season
3. Once happened, but now it doesn't happen, because you are in a different season Read the rest of this entry »
Luke 5:33-39 (Parable of New and Old) Jesus said, no one puts a patch of new cloth on a old cloth. If someone does that the new makes a tear on the old one and the new patch doesn't match the old one. No one puts new wine into an old wineskin. If someone does that, the new wine will burst the old wine skin, the wine will spill and the wineskin will be ruined. Read the rest of this entry »
There are so many obstacles we face today to live our dreams. More than external obstructions the internal obstructions are more powerful and unknown for us unless told. It is worth taking time to find the obstacles that are inside so that we can live the dream we have for our lives. As each obstacle is explained, do not fail to take action to destroy these obstacles. Read the rest of this entry »
This is what we learned through this sermon:
• Faith without action is a dead faith, we must put our faith in action.
• Law cannot justify anyone, but faith followed by work or action justifies.
• We will not see the breakthrough unless we put our faith in action
• Jesus didn't heal the blind man instantly by his faith, healing took place when he put his faith in action by walking towards the pool of Siloam and washing his eyes. Read the rest of this entry »
The Apostle James is giving guidelines on how to plan for our future in James 4:13-16. We are totally incapable of planning for our future as this life is passing and we don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. James is advising us not to predict tomorrow, instead we ought to say that I don't know my tomorrow and I am totally depending on God. Read the rest of this entry »
We are living in a time when we get easily discouraged if we look at the things which are seen. Paul is urging us to look at the things that are unseen. We need eyes of faith to see the things that are unseen and eternal in nature. Paul is also warning about the deceptive nature of our senses and the temporary nature of what is seen. Read the rest of this entry »